Update: Posted 3/23/2020 6:40 PM
The following is a copy of the Executive Order NW-03 of County Judge Nelson W. Wolff ISSUED March 23, 2020
Statement released by the City of Universal City, 3/24/2020, 8:46 AM:
Bexar County Judge Wolff’s Executive Order for Bexar County
March 24, 2020
Bexar County Judge Nelson W. Wolff issued Executive Order NW-03. This executive order is for all businesses and residents in the incorporated and unincorporated areas of Bexar County including all residents and businesses of Universal City. This is a stay in place order.
Executive Order NW-03 goes into effect at 11:59 PM on March 24, 2020 and continues to 11:59 PM on April 09, 2020 and is subject to extension. Each person and/or business should read the order for themselves to determine the impact that it has on them individually. In short, the Executive Order generally states the following:
No mass gatherings of any kind except within the confines of your family household.
Outdoor activities are allowed but may not create any mass gatherings. The 6 ft social distancing rule is always in effect.
People should stay home unless they go out for food staples, stop at a gas station, keep medical appointments, or to pick-up take-out food and beverages.
All restaurants and beverage establishments shall cease indoor and outdoor dining. Take-out, delivery, and drive-thru are the only options available to the public.
Government functions, banking institutions, IT services, and construction services necessary to keep the homes/businesses safe are exempt from the Executive Order. City staff is available by phone and email. Go to WWW.UCTX.Gov, then search STAFF DIRECTORY to view phone and email options for various City Departments. Water and Court payments can be made using a variety of options; visit the City website to see all options available to the public.
That Bexar County rental property owners temporarily suspend evictions for at least the next 30 days to prevent renters from being displaced due to the public health emergency.
That foreclosure proceedings within Bexar County be temporarily suspended for at least the next 30 days to prevent the displacement of occupants during the public health emergency.
That constituents and residents of Bexar County are encouraged to conduct essential business online or via regular mail to avoid visiting any Bexar County facilities unless absolutely necessary.
That no person shall sell any of the following goods or services for more than the price the person charged for the goods or services on 11:59 PM on Thursday, March 19, 2020 and continuing during the pendency of these executive orders:
Groceries, beverages, toilet articles, ice;
Restaurant, cafeteria, and boarding-house meals; and
Medicine, pharmaceutical, and medical equipment and supplies.
Each person or business owner is encouraged to read Executive Order NW-03 in its entirety to determine how it affects them individually.
The Bexar County Executive Order is subject to extension thereafter based on the status of COVID-19 in Texas and the recommendations of the CDC.
Response to President Trump’s Emergency Declaration
16 March 2020
A national public health disaster has been declared for the United States of America. The Center For Disease Control is the go-to place for information as it pertains to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Access to all City departments is limited, or prohibited, and phone calls and emails are the preferred method of doing business. In response to the declaration and to provide for the public health, safety, and welfare of all people, the City of Universal City has taken the following measures:
• The Universal City Library is closed until 01 April and the closure may be extended. Room reservations are also cancelled. Due dates on material will be adjusted; fines will not accrue. The drop box will be checked daily and return materials will be processed daily. Library phone number: 210-659-7048.
Parks, Parks Amenities, and Park Facilities
• Universal City Parks and all Park Amenities are closed until 01 April and the closure may be extended. Park reservations and park clubhouse reservations up to 01 April are cancelled. Park facilities and amenities will undergo extensive sanitation before the public is allowed back in. Call 210-658-5364 for questions regarding park facilities.
• The Water Department window is open for emergencies only. Water payments should be made using the mail, utility drop box at City Hall, online, or automatic draft. Payments by phone are accepted at 866-222-3205; key in your account number and service address. Visit the Water Department page on the City website for all payment options, WWW.UCTX.Gov.
• Beginning 16 March through 15 April, water service will not be disconnected for non-payment. The $50 reconnection fee will be waived. However, the 10% late payment fee on the entire cumulative outstanding balance will be assessed. Call 210-619-0711 to make payment arrangements.
• Based on available information to date, Waste Management is maintaining their standard operations, and are not experiencing service interruptions at this time. However, the COVID-19 situation is evolving daily, and if circumstances change that may impact the ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide prompt updates to our residents.
• Court will continue taking citation payments through its window service. Citations paid in full or warrant collections can be made using the Online Payment module: www.UCTX.Gov, search Online Payments.
• Court appearances scheduled for 25 March will been rescheduled for after 14 April. Letters advising people of the rescheduled date will be sent out this week.
• To reach the court, call 210-659-0333 extention 715, 716, or 717.
• Notice to contractors and homeowners: Access to the permit department offices is prohibited including Linda’s desk. Payments for permits and resinspection fees will be done at the court window during normal operating hours. Checks are the acceptable method of payment at this time. Call 210-619-0723 if other payment arrangements need to be made.
• To contact the staff with permit questions, call 210-619-0723; for zoning questions, call 210-619-0720. For Code Compliance questions, call 210-619-0725.
• Inspection request line is 210-659-0333 ext 444.
• The Police Department will continue its normal course of operations in the field. Outside access to the Police Department Offices is limited to police personnel only.
• The Fire Department will continue with fire calls and EMS calls. Revised protocol has been implemented for fire and EMS emergency calls, but all calls will be answered. No one from the public can enter the Fire Department building. If someone from the public thinks they are sick, they should seek counsel from a physician or a hospital.
• As always, if you have an emergency, call 911.
• Happy Hour at the golf course has been cancelled until further notification.
• The Firefighter 5K run is cancelled.
• The Easter Egg Hunt is cancelled until 2021.
• All Library events are cancelled.
• All sport events at the park are cancelled.
• All Board and Commission meetings are cancelled for the month of March. Meetings for April, including City Council, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Volunteers for any department or function of the City are prohibited from entering City facilities unless prior authorization has been received from the appropriate department head.
• City staff is working and can address questions, concerns and general inquiries until further notice. Again, phone calls and emails are the methods of communication. Main phone number for the City is 210-659-0333 and callers can use the menu to access each department. Email addresses are on the website WWW.UCTX.gov, search Staff Directory.
Information regarding City operations, meetings, and closures are subject to change. Changes will be updated on the website and on Facebook as they occur.