Residential Brush Removal
Universal City provides several avenues to dispose of brush within the City. Some of the options are at no additional fee. Please review the guidelines which must be followed for each option. If you hire a contractor or professional service to trim your trees, then it is the responsibility of the contractor to dispose of the brush and can not leave for pickup.
OPTION 1 - WASTE MANAGEMENT BRUSH COLLECTION (no additional fee; residential only)
- SMALL BRUSH REMOVAL(2 cubic yards or less)
- brush/limbs tied and bundled; not to exceed 5' in length and bundles not to exceed 35 lbs each
- small brush bundles are collected on your regular trash days including alley pickup
- LARGE BRUSH PILE REMOVAL(max 8 cubic yards- 6'x12'x3')
- bulk brush will be picked up one time per month according to your pickup zone (see green/gold map)
- brush pile must be stacked curbside neatly at a max of 8 cubic yards (6'x12'x3'); no large brush pickup in the alleys
- all brush must be at curbside by 7AM on Monday per your zone
- please coordinate tree trimming with brush collection schedule- contractors are not allowed to leave brush curbside for pickup and must dispose of brush
OPTION 2 - SPRING/FALL CITY-WIDE CLEAN-UP EVENT (no additional fee)
The clean-up event is a 10 day period in April and October for residents and to dispose of bulk trash and brush.
- Residents may bring brush to the Public Works yard for disposal
- Universal City ID or utility bill is required
- Curbside Chipping
- free curbside chipping is available during the 10 days of the clean-up event during regular business hours
- call Public Works to be placed on a curbside brush chipping 210-658-5364
- free chipping up to 30 minutes only
OPTION 3 - YEAR-ROUND CURBSIDE CHIPPING (fee applies)
Year-round curbside chipping is available to residents for a fee.
- curbside chipping only, no chipping is done in alleys
- brush chipping performed on Fridays
- $30 fee per 1/2 hour; $60 fee up to 1 hour (billed in 1/2 hour increments)
- Authorization Form must be completed. Download form or pick-up at City Hall or Public Works office.
- Brush pile guidelines
- stack brush neatly at the curb
- limbs 8" in diameter or smaller; limbs 4' in length or longer (For safety, City crews cannot chip limbs shorter than 4')
- We do not brush chip the following: bamboo, banana plants, cactus, lumber, palm tree leaves/bark, vines, thorny bushes or stumps/roots.
Residents that have questions regarding trash collection and brush removal should contact Waste Management at (210) 368-5000. For residents interested in the Brush Chipping Services, contact the Public Works Department at (210) 658-5364. All Commercial Customers must contact Waste Management directly at (210) 368-5000.