ADOPT A SHELTER PET
Monday - Friday
10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Every 2nd and 3rd Saturday
10 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
Closed on all major holidays
Universal City Animal Care & Control serves as a temporary home for the stray animals found on our City streets. These animals are waiting to be reclaimed by their owners or placed with adoptive families. Our Animal Control Officers and Adoption Counselors assist in educating potential adopters about the commitment, care, and responsibilities involved in responsible pet ownership.
Our adoption fee is $80.00. All adopted dogs and cats will be:
- Spayed or Neutered
- Given initial vaccines
- Felv & FIV tested for cats
- Heartworm tested for dogs over 6 months
- Issued a pet license for dogs and cats that will reside in Universal City
Pet Adoption GuidelinesYou can view all our incredible animals available for adoption at any time on Petfinder and Petango. For more information about what's going on with UCACC and for more details on our adoptable pets, be sure to "Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ucshelter
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid ID
- Renters must make sure and check that pet deposit requirement as well as breed and size restrictions outlined by your property owner are permitted. Renters must be provide proof from property management.
- A meet and greet with owned animals at home is required before adoptions. Please bring proof of your pets vaccinations
- Adopting with the whole family is required to ensure everyone is on the same page with a new household pet. Please make sure your dogs are on a leash.
- Universal City Animal Care & Control reserves the right to approve or decline an adoption based on the needs/lifestyle of the potential adopter and the needs/lifestyle of the pet you may be interested in.